Sunday, December 16, 2012

Covergirl Jumbo Gloss Balm in Blush Twist REVIEW and swatches

The Covergirl display came out with the new Gloss Balms and I picked just one. It was a tough decision since I already own so much of L'oreal's and Revlon's gloss/balms. I wanted to give Covergirl a chance so I only allowed myself to make room for one more. The shade I ended going with is Blush Twist. This shade is the most coral-y and pink shade they had. At first sight, they remind me exactly like the Clinique Chubby Sticks. It isn't just that it was a twist up crayon, the whole packaging screams it- with the silver twist end, the dark body, and a cap.

Covergirl Jumbo Gloss Balm, $6

This thing looks exactly like a crayon, except no sharpening is required. The balm has a slight sheen on it as can be seen on my hand. The color isn't very pigmented but it does manage to lighten my lip color a bit due to the sheen. 

Blush twist is a pinky peach color with a hint of sheen once applied. It doesn't look like the color on the cap. I still like this shade, but it really doesn't show up much on my pigmented lips.

Application: It applies smoothly, but not buttery like the Revlon lip butters. It applies much easier than the Revlon's balm stains, which actually dries out my lips a little. 
Texture: These apply well, much better than the Revlon Balm Stains, but stays better than the Revlon Lip Butters. I noticed the pigmentation isn't as good as the Clinique chubby sticks, but this is also a third of the price. For the amount you get, it is a good light shade to have around. I wouldn't say they are so moisturizing that I would rather grab this than my chapstick when my lips feels dry. However, it doesn't dry out my lips. 
Staying power: This lasted 2-3 hours on me depending on how often I drink and eat.
Scent: It has the usual lipstick scent. It isn't strong and doesn't stay for long.
Overall: I like this better than Revlon's Balm Stains because they are not as drying and does stay longer than the Revlon's lip butters. However, if price isn't a factor, I would still go for the Clinique chubby sticks. If you are willing to pay less for less pigmentation, this is a good alternative to Clinique's chubby sticks.

What are your thoughts?

EM


All products shown here were purchased with my own money and were given my fair and honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kindly refrain from advertising your blog here. Helpful links related to review only. Thanks!