Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Maybelline Color Whispers in Coral Ambition and Pink Possibilities REVIEW and swatches

Strolling in Target the other day, I noticed a brand new endcap that contained a lot of fun looking lippies. I picked a couple up to see and thought I might like it. Appearance-wise, they look sleek and very similar to the Revlon Lip Butters and L'Oreal Caresse Shines. I thought I'd give it a try. I picked up two colors: Coral Ambition and Pink Possibilities!

End cap at Target

Maybelline Color Whisper
Coral Ambition (left), Pink Possibilities (right)
0.11oz/3g, $5.99, Target


Maybelline Color Whisper
Coral Ambition (left), Pink Possibilities (right)


Coral Ambition is a matte, creamy sheer coral
Pink Possibilities is a matte, creamy sheer bubblegum pink

Maybelline Color Whisper
Coral Ambition (left), Pink Possibilities (right)
both with one swipe


Maybelline Color Whisper
Coral Ambition (left), Pink Possibilities (right)
Both with heavy swipes

Application: Very smooth and no tugging. The texture was not as buttery as the Revlon Lip Butters or L'oreal's Caresse Shines. However, it does feel more sturdy on your lips. Once applied, it does not feel tacky or dry. It feels like a lip balm on your lips, but with color.
Scent: There is a slight buttery scent with a fruity scent.
Staying power: These stayed a bit longer than the lip butters and caresse shine, roughly 4 hours without eating or drinking. With eating, these will last me about 2-3 hours.

Overall: The pigmentation of these are very good. Those sheer, they show up on my pigmented lips after a few swipes. Even though color shows up better than regular tinted lip balms, it does not compare to the lip butters. However, the staying power of these hold up better than lip butters. They do not make my lips feel dry or tacky after hours of application. These are the texture and pigmentation between that of a lip butter and a tinted lip balm. I enjoy these a lot and like that they actually show up on my pigmented lips. At $5.99, I will be willing to try other colors in this collection!

What are your thoughts on these Color Whispers?

EM


All products shown here were purchased with my own money and were given my fair and honest opinion.






2 comments:

  1. I bought coral ambition today and i love it. It brightens up my face and i was surprised of its pigmentation. I cant wait to go buy more!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you on that, Jasmine! I can't wait to try the others. Thanks for sharing!

      Delete

Kindly refrain from advertising your blog here. Helpful links related to review only. Thanks!