Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Chanel Creme blush de Chanel in Revelation 63 REVIEW and swatches

I went to a nearby Nordstrom last week and found the creme blush sitting on the Chanel make up counter. Unfortunately, due to my curiosity, I had to stop by the counter to put my hands on it. And about half an hour of playing with the products and looking in the mirror and a few more encouraging words from the sales lady, I took one home with me. The color I chose was Revelation, which was not limited edition, but still pretty nonetheless. See below for swatches and details.

The chanel creme blush came in a container quite similar to their powder blushes. There is a velvet slip holder and then a push button to pop open the product. There is a mirror on one side and the blush on the other. The only difference with these ones is that the powder is now a creme and there is no brush that comes with it. 

Chanel Creme Blush in Revelation, 63, $38


Swatches of Revelation
Revelation is a pinky coral blush. It is matte in the sense there is no shimmer or sheen. Upon touch it feels like a light creme. It isn't too soft so that you can dig your fingers into the product, but it is soft enough to make a mark when you swipe product out. The consistency on the cheek once applied turns into a powder. 

End result is a very natural flush of color. Chanel Revelation creme blush

Application: It was very easy to pick up products and apply it to my cheeks with a stippling brush. The texture is creamy in the pan, but dries up when on the skin to a comfortable light powder. It does not bother my oily skin.
Scent: no scent detected
Staying power: It lasted 8 hours on my oily skin.
Overall: I really like this blush. A lot of creme blushes tend to not agree with my oily skin and can either break me out or slip off during the day. Creme blushes also tend to feel heavy on my cheeks but this one didn't at all. I like the pigmentation yet its subtlety. I like how long it stays on my cheeks without being too heavy. Most of all, it is very natural and can be built up. For $38, I think this long lasting blush will make it worth your money.

What are your thoughts? Have you tried any of Chanel's creme blushes?

EM


All products shown here were purchased with my own money and were given my fair and honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kindly refrain from advertising your blog here. Helpful links related to review only. Thanks!