Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Revlon Chalkboard Nail Polish sticks REVIEW and swatches

I've been playing with the Revlon Chalkboard nail polishes on and off for the last couple weeks because they are just so fun. They remind me of being in school and drawing all kinds of things on the chalkboard. There was something about being in school and being able to write on the chalkboard. Anyway, I took advantage of this product to do a couple of neat designs. See below for my review and some swatches.

Revlon's Chalkboard nail polishes come with two ends. One side is a black matte polish that dries to what a clean chalkboard would look like. The other side has a thinner brush and contains pastel colors that come in shades that chalk does. I picked up two shades: a turquoise and a pink.

Revlon Chalkboard polishes, $8.99



The turquoise color is called Spring Break, the pink color is called Over Achiever
All of the products' black polish is the same and do not have a name.

Design examples on my thumbs!

I used two coats of black polish to create a even canvas for my designs. The writing and drawing was done after the black polish dried. 
Like other Revlon polishes, these did not take long to dry at all. 
I did not have to add a top coat to these despite the two different layers. I wanted to keep the black matte and the colors a little more sheen. 

Lasting power was pretty good. Without a top coat, my nails didn't chip for 3 days and by the 4th day I noticed only minimal chips at the tip.

I think it is a good idea for little nail designs. However, this can easily be remade with your personal stash of nail polishes. Take any black matte polish and apply an even coat, or two! Then find some pastel colors and paint on top for designs. The effect should be the same. 
I just like the ease of having both of these polishes in one tube and having the pastel colors with a thin brush. 

What are your thoughts? Intrigued?

EM
All products shown here were purchased with my own money and were given my fair and honest opinion.

Like what you see? Support my blogs by subscribing here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kindly refrain from advertising your blog here. Helpful links related to review only. Thanks!