Sunday, November 10, 2013

Revlon Colorburst Lacquer balm in Demure REVIEW and swatches

I almost passed these by when I was at my local CVS a few days ago because the Revlon Colorburst Lacquer balm looked so much like the balm stains. Had they not been in a special display, I wouldn't even have notcied. The lacquer balms are much more shiny whereas the matte balms are much more matte in packaging than the regular balm stains. If you are looking for it, make sure you grab the right products. I have one of the lacquer balm products today to share with you. I believe it is the lightest of the pink shades.

Revlon Colorburst Lacquer balm in Demure, $9


The applicator is like the Revlon Balm Stains. It contains the twist up mechanism and also the pen cap closure. The peppermint-y feeling and scent is also present here.

Demure is a very light pink with a lot of sheen/shimmer. I am not a big fan because I don't like shimmer in my products that much. I like the peppermint flavor and feeling on my lips, but I feel like these dry out my lips slightly after a while. I don't think I would run to my CVS for the other colors any time soon, the packaging is cute to look at.

Overall, I feel like the ease of application and peppermint scent is there, but I don't like the shimmer shade of Demure. Perhaps someone with a lighter shade lip color would benefit much better from this. The staying power is also minimal...about 1-2 hours and not a lot of moisture. I would spend my money elsewhere first before investing more in these products. As a gift or on sale, I would probably give other shades a try.

update (5/5/14):  I have since used this product again and with a good lip balm underneath Demure gives me a shine on the lips without the stickiness of a lipgloss. My lips also stay moisturized during use!

What are your thoughts? Do you like other shades of Revlon Colorburst Lacquer balms?

EM

All products shown here were purchased with my own money and were given my fair and honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kindly refrain from advertising your blog here. Helpful links related to review only. Thanks!