Thursday, December 19, 2013

Maybelline Master Glaze blush stick in Just Pinched Pink, Master Hi-light in Mauve REVIEW and swatches

A few days ago, I saw the new Maybelline display at my local CVS. I picked up a couple items because they seemed intriguing. They both happened to be blushes, but with different textures. These do not seem like they are limited edition so they should shortly be showing up at the regular Maybelline racks at your local drugstores. One of the blushes is a blush stick in Just-pinched pink and the other is a powder highlighting blush in Mauve. See below for swatches and reviews.

Maybelline master glaze blush stick in Just-pinched pink, $9.99
Maybelline Master hi-light in Mauve, $9.99

Master glaze blush stick is a twist-up stick with a clear cap. It does not require sharpening and applies quite smoothly to your cheeks. You immediately have to smooth it out to prevent it from being hard to spread. It applies like a cream, but finishes to a powdery finish. even though this shade is the lightest of the ones on the display, the turning of cream to powder did not settle in lines or make my skin look dry.


Staying power of this blush stick was so so. If I set it with some powder, it can lasts for 5-6 hours. I do have very oily skin, however, so it might do better if you have normal or drier skin.


I detected no scent with this product. There is a slight shimmer to this blush when you blend it out, but it is very fine. It doesn't bother me too much, but I rather it not be there. 


Master Hi-light powder blush is a mosaic compact with different shades of mauve. It also has shimmery shades in the compact to "highlight" your skin. 

Master Hi-light blush: individual colors swatched out.

I am not a huge fan of shimmery shades so this blush isn't really hitting home for me. It does play a nice sheer color, but I prefer more satin or matte finishes. The blush does not have a scent and can last about 6-7 hours for me. 

Overall, both blushes are not out of the park for me, but the cream to powder blush does help my skin not be dry looking. The compact is too shimmery so I would rather skip it. 


What are your thoughts?

EM


All products shown here were purchased with my own money and were given my fair and honest opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Kindly refrain from advertising your blog here. Helpful links related to review only. Thanks!