Friday, February 7, 2014

Nyx Butter Glosses in Tiramisu, Apple Strudel, Red Velvet, Cupcake, Devil's food cake, Angel food cake REVIEW and swatches

Nyx has the most buttery, moisturizing, pigmented, and smooth glosses ever. They have had the Butter Glosses for a while now, but recently came out with a few new shades. I will review 6 shades here, 4 of which are new. These are some of my favorite glosses because they actually show up on my pigmented lips but still keep my lips moisturized and not sticky at all.
Keep reading to see the swatches and review.

Nyx Butter Gloss, $4.99, 0.27 fl oz
left to right: Tiramisu, Apple Strudel, Red Velvet, Cupcake, Devil's food cake, Angel food cake
Tiramisu and Apple Strudel have been around before. All other shades are new.


All of these have the doe foot applicator.
left to right, top to bottom: Tiramisu, Apple Strudel, Red Velvet, Cupcake, Devil's food cake, Angel food cake

Tiramisu: pinky nude cream
Apple Strudel: coral-y pink cream
Red Velvet: bright blood red cream
Cupcake: neon bright pink cream
Devil's Food Cake: Deep vampy red cream
Angel Food Cake: Mauvey nude cream

Texture/Application: The texture is so smooth. Applying it didn't leave me with random patchy spots nor did it settle in lip lines. When I rub my lips together, it felt like heaven...so smooth!
Scent: It has a sweet cupcakey scent.
Staying power: It lasted about 3 hours on my lips without drinking or eating.
Overall: For $4.99 a pop, these are a no-brainer. They are amazingly smooth and still have enough pigment to show up on my pigmented lips. Though they are moisturizing, they aren't sticky at all. I really like the consistency and the shades they offer. I would definitely recommend picking one up to test. 

Do you have a favorite butter gloss shade?

EM

All products shown here were purchased with my own money and were given my fair and honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kindly refrain from advertising your blog here. Helpful links related to review only. Thanks!