Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Smashbox Be Legendary Long Wear Lip Lacquer in Pout REVIEW and swatches

Smashbox came out with a lip lacquer that is supposed to have better staying power called Be Legendary Long Wear Lip Lacquer. Not to be confused with their existing Be Legendary Lipgloss, which is more like the traditional lipgloss, the Long Wear Lip Lacquer (LWLL) is a lot more pigmented and has a different feel on the lips. The shade I chose is in Pout, which also comes in the lipgloss version. I have compared the two, and there is a difference! I wish they would name it differently because it is very easy to get confused. Continue reading for more info on this product!

Smashbox Be Legendary Long Wear Lip Lacquer in Pout, $24

This packaging is more square and also much shorter than the lipgloss. The LWLL contains 0.20 fl oz of product, which is the same as the lipgloss.

one swipe of the Smashbox Be Legendary LWLL in Pout

As you can see, the pigmentation is very nice on this product. Though a pastel pink, I don't have any problems with it on my lips and washing me out. I do have to be careful how much I put on, but with a regular amount of coating on my lips, the product gives me a bit of lightening and does not make me long like a ghost. The Pout in the Lipgloss form does not have any pigment on my red lips. It just gives it a glazed look.

I also want to point out that this is very nice on the lips. It feels really cool and slightly more water based upon application. It doesn't feel sticky and does not rub off easily. One downside is I don't feel it does much to moisturize my lips. I don't think it dries them out a lot, but I feel it is more drying than moisturizing.

Application/Texture: It was very easy to apply and rubbing my lips together to spread the product was also very smooth. It didn't feel sticky and also had a cooling sensation at the beginning.
Staying power: This stayed on for about 3 hours before fading. It does fade faster with food/drink, but I noticed it on longer than my other lipglosses.
Scent: It doesn't really smell like anything.
Overall: I like that a pastel pink lip product actually lightens my lips without making me look dead. It has a good staying power and does not have the usual lipgloss stickiness consistency. This prevents hair from sticking on to your lips and getting dragged across your face when you try to pull them off. Overall, a good product, but I wish it could be more moisturizing.

What are your thoughts? Do you like the LWLL more than the Lipgloss from Smashbox?

EM

All products shown here were purchased with my own money and were given my fair and honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kindly refrain from advertising your blog here. Helpful links related to review only. Thanks!