Thursday, December 11, 2014

it Cosmetics The IT factor Duo in Je ne sai quo REVIEW and swatches

It has been a while since my last review. Truth is I haven't indulged in a lot of makeup items. With the holidays coming around the corner, I have been trying to move my funds into presents for my family and friends. I did happen to get a few things for myself, which you will see me review in the next couple of weeks.
Today I am sharing the IT factor duo lip stain set with you. It is an Ulta exclusive and it retails for $24. I really like this set because I feel like it is very easy to use. The set comes with a lip balm like stick that looks clear in the tube, but slowly changes color on your lips. It is very moisturizing for a stain and smells like cherries. The lipgloss is also a stain and it turns from a milky light pink in the tube to a bright magenta shade on my lips.

IT cosmetics IT factor Duo, $24

The lipgloss has a doe-foot like applicator and applies very easily. 
The lipbalm/lipstick has packaging that remind me of MAC viva glam lipsticks!

Lipstick stain and lipgloss stain over time
from left to right: 
Right when I applied, no color really shows up.
After a minute of application, a bright pink shade start to appear.
After wiping off both products, a pink stain is left on my hands. The same stain lasts on my lips, but the shade is even more bright pink due to my lips being a deep red shade already.

Application/Texture: Both products were a dream to apply. It is very buttery, but not slippery.
Staying power: The lipstick and lipgloss stayed on my lips for 3-4 hours without eating. Never during this time or after did my lips feel dry. 
Moisture levels: It is extremely moisturizing. I can't believe a stain with this much color makes my lips feel so soft and hydrated!
Scent: The lipstick has a cherry scent. The lipgloss has a sweet vanilla cream scent.

Overall: I really love this duo. I don't like wearing a lot of product on my lips because it becomes high maintenance. Most lip products require reapplication, which means I have to carry the product everywhere with me. The color that this stain gives off is easy to manage and long lasting. I don't feel the bright pink shade will run off my lips. Also, both products moisturize my lips equal to or better than most lip balms! Costing roughly $12 a piece, this is a very good deal! Highly recommend picking up soon! Christmas presents, anyone?

EM

All products shown here were purchased with my own money and were given my fair and honest opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Kindly refrain from advertising your blog here. Helpful links related to review only. Thanks!