Tuesday, March 3, 2015

L'Oreal Infallible 8Hr Pro Gloss in Coral Sands (405) REVIEW and swatches

CVS was stocked with tons of lipglosses from brands like Revlon, Covergirl, and L'Oreal! I didn't know which to pick to try and found myself overwhelmed by gloss. Good thing a couple weeks ago, CVS also had a sale on L'Oreal products so it made my purchase easier. I picked up two items: Infallible 8hr pro gloss in Coral Sands, which I will review below; and Glossy Balm in Ginger Candy, which you can find the review here.

L'Oreal Infallible 8hr Pro Gloss in Coral Sands, $7

Coral Sands is a beautiful nude mauve gloss that does not have any shimmers or glitters. I dislike lip products with too much of glitter/shimmers because they will eventually migrate to every corner of my face. 
This gloss held up well for the lightweight feel on my lips and also did not settle into lines on my lips. It wasn't exactly moisturizing, though I definitely did not find it to be drying.

Application/Texture: The applicator is a doe-foot like sponge with a heart shape point. This allows easier reach into small areas. The gloss itself is very smooth and easy to apply. It doesn't stick and does not make your lips feel closed shut. The feel is lightweight, which is great for barely noticing it was on at all! 
Staying power: Without drinking or eating, this lasted about 5 hours on me before drastically fading. If I were to eat or drink, it would quickly start coming off. By the 8th hour, there would still be traces of the lipgloss, but definitely have diminished. With this shade being very close to my own lip color, it is also harder to detect when it exactly started fading.
Scent: It has a very light medicinal scent. I don't know how to put it...sort of herbal? It is very light and the only reason I smelled this was because I nearly jammed the applicator up my nose for trying to detect a scent.
Overall: I love this shade! It is a 'my lips but better' shade and goes well with any outfit or makeup look I want to wear. It is also not drying and lasts much longer than your average gloss. For $7, I would definitely pick up one to try!

Have you spotted these yet?

All products shown here were purchased with my own money and were given my fair and honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kindly refrain from advertising your blog here. Helpful links related to review only. Thanks!