Sunday, March 15, 2015

Maybelline Color Tattoo in Black Orchid (130) REVIEW and swatches

Gahh! I am so excited to get my hands on the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Black Orchid! Black Orchid is a limited edition color tattoo for Spring 2015. I have seen some photos of it online and have been hunting for these to grab them as soon as they displayed. Since the limited edition displays are so small, each only holds about 2 of Black Orchid. I am proud to say I was the first one there for this display! See below for my review on the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Black Orchid.

Maybelline Color Tattoo in Black Orchid, CVS, $8.99

Black Orchid has a lavender purple tone with some gunmetal sheen. It looks gray in some lights, and more lavender in others. This is a very multidimensional shade and very pretty!

Application/Texture: Like other Color Tattoos that Maybelline released in the past, this one is smooth to the touch and swatches very easily on the lids and on the back of my hand. It requires quick blending, but is able to do so. 
Scent: none
Staying power: It lasted on my oily lids for about 7 hours before creasing, no primer. 
Overall: I really, really am in love with this shade. The color is neutral enough for me to wear almost daily, but has that unique pop of grey metal and purple to wear for nights out. Love it for the spring! I can also see it being very versatile for other eye looks as a base. It is limited edition, so be sure to keep an eye on it if you want this in your collection!

All products shown here were purchased with my own money and were given my fair and honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kindly refrain from advertising your blog here. Helpful links related to review only. Thanks!