Monday, May 11, 2015

Ardency Inn Punker Mascara REVIEW and swatches

I  have heard good things about the Ardency Inn Punker Mascara due to it's waxy lash curling mechanism. The wax allows easy hold on your lashes so they do not feel crunchy. The wax also allows more coats of mascara to be applied on top to give a false lash look without too much clumping. I was sold. False lashes aren't my thing...I have a hard time with them. So this alternative would prove to be amazing if I could get it to work for me.
I got this during the Sephora love sale where I got 15% off my purchases. 


Ardency Inn Punker Mascara, $24, Sephora

The rich black mascara did coat my lashes and made them visible when compared to my bare lashes. However, the size of the brush was much too large for my short lashes. I kept feeling like I was going to poke my eyes out. 

I was able to get the first coat on pretty well and looking very natural. The second coat proved to be more difficult as the brush made it hard to see where I was going and I wanted to make sure to coat everything evenly. This is where I felt clumping started. It did give me a more false-lash look, but I'm afraid not to my liking. The clumps were not even...there would be one at the tip of one lash and not the others. It looked a bit messy, quite frankly.

Texture/application: I thought the texture of the mascara was very soft and easy on the lashes. I was able to rub my eyes without feeling it scratch me or smearing the mascara. The application was difficult due to the size of the brush. I had a hard time knowing where to start and stop.
Scent: none detected.
Lasting power: It lasted about 12 hours without smudging and flaking. Pretty powerful stuff for not being waterproof.
Removal: It was extremely easy. I used my bioderma and it came right off!
Overall: Though not the easiest to apply, it did feel very nice on the lashes. It lasted all day and was extremely easy to remove given that it held on for 12 hours. The brush didn't work for me when I tried to put two coats. The clumps were in the wrong area and made my lashes look messy. However, if you have longer lashes, this application step might be easier for you.

Have you tried this mascara?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Kindly refrain from advertising your blog here. Helpful links related to review only. Thanks!