Thursday, June 30, 2016

Dior Addict Lip Glow Pomade in Backstage Pro 001 REVIEW and swatches

With the weather well into the summer months, I feel the need to keep hydrated. My lips get the most chapped next to my hands and I find myself trying many new lip balm products to alleviate the thirst. Today's review is on just that. Dior came out with a lip balm type of squeeze tube that is cute and practical. I am sure you will be seeing a lot more lip balm products in the near future.

Dior Addict Lip Glow Pomade, Sephora, $33

This Dior Lip Glow Pomade does not remind me of the other Lip Glow in Lilac that I reviewed earlier. The Pomade is very gel/liquidy whereas the original Lip Glow is a solid tube. This makes the application and moisture level better for the Pomade. I can squeeze more product from the Pomade and lather it on my lips. The applicator is also very soft and malleable, making the spread of product very easy as well. 
In terms of packaging, the Pomade definitely is a step down from the Lip Glow. It doesn't look as luxurious, but it is definitely more practical. With a liquidy tube, you also don't have to worry about your lip balm melting in the hot summer heat. 
Though pink in the tube, the product that comes out is quite sheer. Once on my lips, it is practically just clear.

Application/texture: The Pomade is very light and gel like. It spreads very easily with the curved applicator and glides nicely on the lips.
Scent: It smells faintly like minty vanilla. However, no tingly sensation is felt.
Staying power: After about 3 hours, I find myself wanting to reapply.
Moisture level: It feels quite nice on the lips. I can feel it penetrating into your lips rather than just sitting on top. It feels more moisturizing than the Lip Glow, but I still know of other lip balms that are more nourishing.
Overall: I love how practical the tube is. Though it doesn't have the frills of the Lip Glow, this glides, stays, and nourishes the lips. It is quite a steep price to pay for a lip balm, and without any color to add to this product I definitely think there are better drugstore lipbalms out there for moisture. The applicator and ease of application definitely does draw me into purchasing this product.


2 comments:

  1. Huh. Thanks for the review. I wonder how it compares to Clinique Superbalm?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, unfortunately, I have yet to try the Clinique Superbalm. I wonder how it compares as well!

      Delete

Kindly refrain from advertising your blog here. Helpful links related to review only. Thanks!