Thursday, August 18, 2016

MAC cosmetics Tendertalk lip balm in Candy Wrapped REVIEW and swatches

Although Summer is about to turn into Fall, I still am addicted to my lip balms! Lip balms have been such a savior during the hot and dry summer that I found myself continuing to search and use new ones. Today's post is yet another lip balm post and this one is from MAC cosmetics. MAC cosmetics is generally more known for their colors and more made up looks, but I found this Tendertalk  lip balm in Candy Wrapped to be just the moisture and subtlety that I need.

MAC Tendertalk lip balm in Candy Wrapped, maccosmetics.com, $20

Candy Wrapped is a light pink color and does change based on your body chemistry. The Tendertalk line comes in other shades that are darker than the one above. Candy Wrapped is the lightest shade and doesn't show up on my lips very well. However, it is very moisturizing. I also found that if I were to wipe my lips, the pigment from the lip balm is there, as seen above.

Application/texture: Tendertalk is very easy to apply. It comes in a twist up tube and glides easily on the lips. It doesn't lay down a thick layer, but does get the job done.
Scent: There is a slight vanilla scent, but goes away shortly after application.
Lasting power: Though this shade doesn't show up on my pigmented lips, the moisture does stick around for about 2-3 hours.
Pigmentation: While the color does darken and is there, I can't really see it on my pigmented lips. Perhaps if I tried a darker shade it will show up. However, for my purpose of this product, I mainly just wanted moisture and pigment was just a plus.
Overall: I would definitely purchase this again. It will be a while before I finish this tube of lip balm, but if I ever do I know I will try a different shade. For $20, it is a great color changing lip balm to have in your purse. The packaging is sleek and sturdy and the lip product doesn't try out your lips!

Hope you found this review helpful!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Kindly refrain from advertising your blog here. Helpful links related to review only. Thanks!