Saturday, September 10, 2016

Givenchy Le Rouge Perfecto Beautifying Lip Balm REVIEW and swatches

As promised, here is another lip balm review. I believe I definitely have enough lip balms to keep one in every purse! For some reason, lip balms like hair ties have a way of disappearing every so often. So despite my collection of them I also never really have too many. Today's review is on yet another lip balm. This one is by Givenchy and is in their Le Rouge collection. Givenchy have a few lipsticks that look very much like the Perfecto lip balm in that it has a leather casing and sleek look. The balm has a pink leather case and is slimmer than the lipsticks. I quite like the packaging like I did with the lipsticks and I also really like the moisture it provides. Continue reading to see close-ups of this product.

Givenchy Le Rouge Perfecto Beautifying Lip Balm, 0.07oz, sephora, $36

Givenchy's Le Rouge perfecto lip balm offers no tint, but it does moisturize your lips. It doesn't lather on top of your lips, but gives a thin layer of comfort. It does very well to let your own lip color shine through. The case is wrapped with a pink leather and sleek silver metal. It looks very sophisticated and posh. I really like having it in my purse as I feel like it elevates my look when I use it. 

Application/texture: It applies with no tugging and the texture is a very thin silk layer on the lips.
Scent: It does have a slight floral scent, but dissipates quickly. However, I can see how someone might find it annoying at first.
Staying power: I do feel this moisturize my lips, however, I also know of better lip balms with longer staying power. I find myself needing to reapply every 3 hours depending on how hydrated I am.
Overall: For $36, this lip balm is definitely pricey. However, it is in a leather casing and looks super cute. It also is moisturizing and feels sturdy to be tossed around in your purse. I think if you wanted something with color, this isn't for you. However, if you are a lip balm fanatic and love a luxurious product, I would definitely check this out.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Kindly refrain from advertising your blog here. Helpful links related to review only. Thanks!