Sunday, May 27, 2012

revlon just bitten kissable balm stain review

A new display sprouted up from my local CVS and in it was the new Revlon Just bitten kissable balm stains. I purchased two of the many shades available.


As you can see, there are new mousse foundations, eyeshadow pens, and mascara on this stand as well. I only purchased the balm stains because they look so cute!


I purchased Honey (001) and Charm (035). 2.7g, $9.99


They look like jumbo pencils; reminds me very much of the Clinique packaging. No sharpening is required since this product has a twist up mechanism. Simply twist up when you need more product. Easy to use, glides well, and not sticky! They have a peppermint scent and the scent stays on your lips for a few moments after application. I wouldn't say this could replace my lip balm, but it definitely feels soft on my lips and does not dry my lips out.


 Swatches of Charm (left) and Honey (right) in direct sunlight. You can see hints of sheen- product is not matte.

Swatches of Cream (left) and Honey (right) in outdoor light. The two shades show up on my fairly pigmented lips. Honey is a rose mauve while Charm is peachy pink. Charm takes a few more swipes onto the lips before showing up and can settle into lines if my lips are a little dry. Honey fits my lips well and does not have any problems at all with the pigmentation. I feel these stayed on my lips for 3 hours, but I do not notice much staining. I suppose Honey is very similar to my lip color so it wouldn't have made a difference and Charm was too light to stain. It would have been hard to "unpigment" my lips. 




Overall, I really like the application mechanism. I like not needing to sharpen the pencil but still have it pointed. I like that it has a slight peppermint scent- makes my lips feel refreshed. Though it doesn't cure dry lips like lip balms do, these do not dry out your lips like a lot of lipsticks but still gives you the color. I will say that these tend to stay longer on my lips than Revlon's lip butter did, but aren't as buttery.

Would you try these? What do you think of them?



Em


All products shown here were purchased with my own money and were given my fair and honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kindly refrain from advertising your blog here. Helpful links related to review only. Thanks!