Saturday, June 2, 2012

L'oreal Colour Riche Caresse Stick review



The L'oreal's Colour Riche Caresse Stick is a balm with different color tints. 

The first thing I thought of when I saw these on Nouveaucheap's blog was that they look very similar to Revlon's lip butters. Needless to say, I had to go purchase a few of these as soon as I saw them in Target. I haven't seen them sold anywhere else and target.com does not have them for sale as of today. I purchased three shades out of the 10 or so released shades a week ago. Revlon lip butters definitely has more color in their collection. Caresse sticks retail for about $7.99, 2.9g.


left to right: velvety fuchsia, rose taffeta, sheer linen 


top to bottom: velvety fuchsia, rose taffeta, sheer linen  

Velvety Fuchsia is a bright neon pink in the tube. On the lips, they look like a vibrant pink.
Rose Taffeta is a warm rose mauve and looks very similar to my lips. A good mmbb lip color.
Sheer linen looks brown in the tube, but looks like a nude lip color on me. It is more sheer than the other two, but after layering it I was able to achieve the look below.

my lips with no color lip balm (top left), sheer linen (top right), 
rose taffeta (bottom left), velvety fuchsia (bottom right)
 Revlon Lip Butters in Berry Smoothie

 All of these applied very easily. The texture is less "buttery" than lip butters. In other words, to get more layers on it takes more work to apply again and again. Where as lip butters a couple swipes would give you enough colors on your lips. These are more sheer than the lip butters and do tend to give you a more natural look. However, I really like the effect it gives. Not only does it smell fruity, but it also feels very balmy as well. I don't have to worry about making sure I applied the Caresse balm in a mirror because it is easily evened out. Note that I have pretty pigmented lips, but these still showed up despite being somewhat more sheer.
The staying power is fairly good for a lip balm. It stayed on my lips for at least 3-4 hours until I ate something. During this time, my lips did not feel dry at all. The only complaint I have is that you can't initially twist the Caresse stick all the way below the level of the tube, so you have to close the lip balm very carefully to not damage the top of the balm.

Overall, I really like these. If you are looking for a good lip balm but with a noticeable tint, I would give these a try. These are not the same as the Revlon lip butters, but could look similar depending on your natural lip color.

Have you seen these? What do you think of them?

Em

Like what you see? Subscribe for more! Sign up for my mailing list

All products shown here were purchased with my own money and were given my fair and honest opinion.

2 comments:

  1. That's almost as sheer as the Colour Riche balm...I guess I will be skipping the cool shade and just get a coral/orange when it reaches CVS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are looking for a good lip balm but with a noticeable tint, I would give these a try. These are not the same as the Revlon lip butters, but could look similar depending on your natural lip color.

    ReplyDelete

Kindly refrain from advertising your blog here. Helpful links related to review only. Thanks!