Thursday, August 9, 2012

Buxom Big & Healthy Lip Cream in White Russian REVIEW and swatches

I have heard so much about this little Lip Cream from Buxom in White Russian. I love milky pink colors and it is hard for me to find one that looks that way on my lips without washing me out. My lips are very red pigmented so I need something opaque enough to show, but not so much so I look like a clown. I decided to give White Russian a try. See below for review and swatches :)

Buxom Big & Healthy Lip cream in White Russian
4.2ml/0.14 fl. oz, $18, sephora.com

Doe foot applicator, very soft and easy to apply. Carries enough product in one go.

A look at White Russian on my hand.
Artificial light on the left and natural light on the right.
You can see how it has a milky pink cream color! It has no shimmer or sheen, just cream :)



In addition to the cute cream color, this product also doesn't have the bad chemicals!

What it is formulated WITHOUT:

- Parabens
- Sulfates 
- Phthalates
- GMOs
- Triclosan


Bare lips for comparison

Buxom White Russian in artificial light

Buxom White Russian in natural light

I really enjoyed this product. It definitely toned my pigmented red lips down to a soft pinky mauve color. It certainly didn't wash me out or looked unnatural. It applied very smooth and also did not make my lips look flaky or dried. It is hydrating and isn't sticky at all. I would say this is pretty close to what I like for a milky pink without putting on lip liner first!
This lip cream contains a tingly sensation due to the minty ingredients it has. When you apply it, your lips feel very fresh and cool. Some people may not like this tingly sensation, but I don't have a problem. It isn't a hurting feeling, just enough minty feeling to let you know it is plumping your lips with goodness. I actually like wearing this product during the summer because it cools me down and makes my mouth feel fresh. The sensation goes away after 15 minutes or so. However, if your lips are very sensitive or you dislike minty feeling on your lips, I would probably skip this one.

Application/texture: Very smooth and easy to apply. It glided onto my lips without effort and did not make my lips flaky or dried. When I rubbed my lips together, it wasn't sticky and felt rather smooth.
Scent: I did not notice any scents, but it feels very minty!
Staying power: I get about 2-3 hours if I don't eat or drink anything.

Overall: I love the tingly and minty feeling of this lip cream. It feels so refreshing! It also gives me a hint of milky pink color without washing me out. I would still like to see something more pink so I will continue my hunt! But in the mean time, this is a great addition to my lip products as it helps with the dryness and gives it a pop of freshness and color!

Do you own any Buxom Lip Creams? What is your favorite milky pink lip product?

Em




Like what you see? Support my blogs by subscribing here!

All products shown here were purchased with my own money and were given my fair and honest opinion.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Kindly refrain from advertising your blog here. Helpful links related to review only. Thanks!