Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Essie Stylenomics Recessionista and Miss Fancy Pants REVIEW and Swatches and Comparisons

While at Ulta browsing at skincare and cosmetics, I came across Essie's Fall 2012 collection: Stylenomics. Stylenomics consists of 6 polishes and I am reviewing 2 of them below while comparing one of them to a Nails Inc. nail polish.
Essie Miss Fancy Pants (left) and Recessionista (right)
0.46 fl oz, $8

Recessionista: a deep plum red with a hint of violet
Miss Fancy Pants: a light dove gray
Other shades in the collection:
Stylenomics: a dark hunter/forest green
Skirting the Issue: deep violet
Don't Sweater it: deep taupe
Head Mistress: dark pink



Miss Fancy Pants (index and middle), Recessionista (ring and pinky)

A closer look at the polish. All of these are two coats with no base or top coat.


Comparison to Nails Inc. and Petites Color fever polishes
I noticed that this dove gray color of Miss Fancy Pants seem very similar to other gray polishes out there, a few of which I probably own. So I swatched the ones that look similar in the bottle. Can you tell which is which?






Index: Nails Inc. Porchester Square
Middle: OPI Miss Fancy Pants
Ring: Petites Color Fever Vintage Gray


All three shades look very similar to each other. It varies depending on the angle you look at it, but I would say if you have any one of these colors you probably don't need the others. The consistency of Essie is thicker than Nails Inc. and Petites, but dry time and finish is about the same. You can find Petites at Rite Aids for $3.99 and Nails Inc. at Sephora for $9.50.

These two shades from Essie's Stylenomics are very Fall to me. I love the entire collection, but these two colors really drew me in at the store. I would say that the Recessionista is a bit out of my comfort zone because I tend to gravitate towards more mute colors, but this one was so sophisticated and cute! Since I don't have any shades like Recessionista in my collection, I cannot compare it for you. Miss Fancy Pants, on the other hand, is a very common gray shade and I think most people would have it in their collection already. I would say that unless you are a gray fiend, you probably wouldn't need another one of these gray colors if you have something similar.

Application: First coat was very smooth. If applied at the right amount you could go with just one coat, but I chose to do two coats for a neater look. The formula is on the thicker side, but not hard to work with.
Dry time: Fairly fast. Similar to other Essie nail polishes, these two dried in less than 1 minute.
Staying power: I usually wear my polishes for 3 days and then switch it out. These ones lasted 3 days with no chipping. It could most likely last more than 3 days, but I just wanted to switch to another color!

Overall: I love the deep violet plum color of Recessionista and find it a pull-together look when I wear it to work. I like the formula and dry time of both of these polishes, but I would probably pass on Miss Fancy Pants since the color is nothing special and I already have a couple similar to it in my collection (love the name though!).

Do you have your eyes on any of the polishes from Essie's Stylenomics collection?

Em



Like what you see? Support my blogs by subscribing here!

All products shown here were purchased with my own money and were given my fair and honest opinion.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Kindly refrain from advertising your blog here. Helpful links related to review only. Thanks!