Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Ebay 10 blush palette REVIEW and Swatches

A while back, I was browsing through Ebay and saw this super mega affordable blush palette! I was skeptical, but after a few more successful purchases on ebay, I decided to give this one a try. This palette consists of colors all across the board- ranging from pale peach to bright pink. It also ranges across finishes- from matte to sparkly. All 10 blushes for $6.99, taxes and shipping already included! What a steal! I figured I would give this a try, what do I have to lose? Intrigued? Keep reading to see the swatches and my opinion on this sleek blush palette.

None of the blushes had a name, so I gave it a numbering system. Click on photo above to see the system at a closer look. It starts at the top left corner and then moves down, then up again towards the right.

Blush #1: shimmering rose gold pink
Blush #2: matte stark pink
Blush #3: shimmering pale peach
Blush #4: sparkly coral
Blush #5: shimmering pink with white opaque base
Blush #6: matte muted pink
Blush #7: shimmering neon orange red
Blush #8: matte bright pink
Blush #9: sheer peachy coral
Blush #10: peach sheen


Like I said, colors and finishes all across the board and they are fairly pigmented too! See below for swatches. 

Swatches on my arm. Click photo to enlarge and see numbering.
blush #1-5 

blush #6-10
Face Swatches

Bare face for comparison

 Blush 1 and Blush 2 (left to right)


 Blush 3 and Blush 4 (left to right)

  Blush 5 and Blush 6 (left to right)

 Blush 7 and Blush 8 (left to right)


Blush 9 and Blush 10 (left to right)

Most of these blushes are so pigmented that I did not need a lot to pack color on my cheeks. I love the different shades and finishes it has all for $6.99! And good news for those sensitive to Talc because it isn't in the ingredients. This palette has the following ingredients:
Mica, Titanium dioxide, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) extract, dimethicone, citrus grandis (grapefruit) seed extract, usnea barbata (wildcrafted lichen) extract, inulin.   May Contain: Iron oxide, titanium dioxide, carmine, chromium oxides, ultramarine blue, manganese violet
Application/texture: The texture of these are actually quite smooth. With the exception of Blush #2, which required more swipes to pick up color, all others were easy to apply and pigmented. I did not notice any of these to be chalky or flaky. There were shimmers in a few of these, but when smoothed onto your cheeks, they were not extremely noticeable.
Staying power: These stayed for 8-9 hours and started fading after 9 hours.
Scent: I detected no scent.

Overall: Affordable, pigmented, different colors, varying finishes, and no talc? Wow. Try it yourself already!  This is a good alternative for those of you who do not have access to BHS cosmetics. Just google ebay blush palette and you will find it. There are many sellers for this palette, the one I purchased it from is here: ebay blush palette
It took about two weeks to ship from Hong Kong. My blush palette came with one cracked blush, but seller was kind enough to reimburse me for that. I also was able to "fix" this crack blush. Click here to see how to fix your broken/cracked powder blushes and bronzers!


What are your thoughts of this palette? Do you think it is worth a 2 week wait for this set of blushes?

Em

Like what you see? Support my blogs by subscribing here!

All products shown here were purchased with my own money and were given my fair and honest opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kindly refrain from advertising your blog here. Helpful links related to review only. Thanks!