Friday, August 24, 2012

MAC styleseeker Supercontinental blush swatches and REVIEW

I don't think I have ever heard a sales associate be so adamant on a product before when I ask for her opinion. They always shy away and try to get your input on the item first then suggest accordingly. At my recent visit to a MAC counter in Macy's, I was deciding between MAC's StyleSeeker collection blushes in Hidden Treasure and Supercontinental. Hidden Treasure is a rich burnt red color and is very pigmented with a touch of shimmer. Supercontinental is a cute pink color with a sheen finish. Both are gorgeous in my book.

As I stood there swatching and contemplating, the SA came over to ask if I needed some help. I explained to her my indecisiveness on the two blushes. Right away she points to Supercontinental blush and says " That one." Her answer was as fast as reflex. I just started laughing and asked her why. That's when she brought my attention to the beautiful sheen and the unique shade of Supercontinental. Swatched lightly, it seems like a peachy sheen color. Slightly heavier and you can see the fun pink color pop out. I was amazed. Not only was it without shimmers or glitter, but this color can be built up and vary in color? It isn't just a lighter version of a color, but it is completely a different color. She also showed me that the Hidden Treasure shade would be too dark on my cheeks and would look like someone had punched me in the face. I was sold and here is my review and swatch of Supercontinental powder blush. Enjoy!

MAC Supercontinental powder blush, 6g/0.21 oz, $20

A close look at Supercontinental


Lightly swatched (left), heavily swatched (right)
You can sort of see a blended out version on the top of the hand.
The lightly swatched is a bit peachy pink while the heavier swatched is a pop of pink (not bright as neon, but definitely stands out)

Bare cheeks for comparison

Supercontinental lightly applied


Application/texture: Although a powder blush, I found it very smooth to apply. It did not flake or look chalky on my skin. It was easy to blend out as well. I didn't notice the sheen too much, but it does give my cheeks a subtle glow.
Staying power: It lasted 8 hours and started fading after 9 hours
Scent: no detected scent

Overall: I love the versatility of this blush! Not only can it be built up or blended down, it also has a very different shade when done so. You really have to give this a try in person because my swatches can't capture it down to the dot. It is an extremely pretty and unique pink/peach shade and the sheen does not enhance my pores. I loveee it. The sales associate at MAC told me they do not have anything like this blush in their collection! Grab it while it lasts. I went to the MAC counter on the first day of the release (8/23/12) and the counter only had 3 left! You can also get this at http://www.maccosmetics.com/


Do you have anything from this collection? What are your thoughts on different shaded blushes?

Em


Like what you see? Support my blogs by subscribing here!

All products shown here were purchased with my own money and were given my fair and honest opinion. 



2 comments:

  1. This collection is coming out in Belgium in September I believe, and I TOTALLY have my heart set on Supercontinental! It's incredibly gorgeous on you! I'm glad the SA had a good eye and you listened to her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks, Sunny! You definitely need to give Supercontinental a try! September is coming up, I'm excited for you :)

      Delete

Kindly refrain from advertising your blog here. Helpful links related to review only. Thanks!